Tuesday, 21 April 2009

I'm a Nurse!

Well I completed my first shift as a true official nurse! In my definition anyways. I am on a MED-SURG Unit with Pediatric clients. I have not yet had the opportunity to work with any pediatric clients but the time will come. I had one patient she was easy, I got oriented to the unit and the staff...I was surprised at how clear everything is now. I had a 'light bulb" moment and came to realize that I made things so big when I was in school. I got to give 3 IV pushes one schedule and 2 PRNs. One I did all by myself! It felt so good. The one thing I would like to do better is learn to be more personal with my clients, instill the values that my hospital stands by. That is my goal for my next shift. I am hoping that I have two patients next time. I havent yet worked with my assigned preceptor, due to her not being available. I was assigned to someone else and then they got floated and then I worked with someone else. Yeah! What a way to start a new job! I am supposed to work with someone else again next time. I sent an email to my manager requesting not to come in and work with someone else other than my assigned preceptor. Anywho, I am enjoying everything that I am experiencing. I like all of my cohorts and most of the staff I have met. I will keep you posted on any changes or updates that happen along the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all the new experiences. Where are you working now?

    ReplyDelete