
We did so much while we were there but there is still so much more to do! We started out walking around the first night just around Times Square checking it out.





The second day we went to the Statue of Liberty


(missed the long ferry line too!-Met a nice New Yorker who let us cut in line and take about 3 hours off our wait, so be prepared for this line if you go there) and saw Ellis Island, from afar. Doesn't really look like its worth spending the day at. On the way to the Statue of Liberty we took the Hop-On/ Hop-Off bus learned a little bit about 5th avenue,the Empire State Building,

Fashion District,

Brooklyn Bridge,

Greenwich Village, and drove by Ground Zero

and the Trinity Church. I would have like to spent more time in these areas but again not enough time! After the Statue we took the ferry back and tried to go to Coney Island to go on the roller coaster and get a Coney Island dog. Everyone we asked for directions wanted to make sure that's where we wanted to go, because its not really exciting right now I guess. Next year its supposed to be much better. We didn't end up making it because we got confused/turned around with the subway! Ugh! So many trains! LOL! That night was the AIL Annual Convention awards show so we had go back to the hotel


and get ready for the celebration!...The next day it was raining :( but, we still toughed it out and tried to do a few more things, Kraig had his heart set on trying Lombardi's pizza



the oldest coal burning pizza oven in the US! 100 years old! Good Pizza! Fresh too! It took half the day to find the place, because we got off the bus early-couldn't stand our tour guide Not Funny! Like our first guy! Anywho it was good! Not too expensive and busy even on a rainy week day. We then headed up to Central park, since it wasn't too far from our hotel and stopped to take a picture and headed back for our dinner at Bobby Flay's Bar American!

OOH! I wish we would have gotten to meet him but I guess he was filming in L.A.
The next day was departure day :( . Kraig left around 5 am and I left at noon, so I had time to go back to Central park on

my own and take some pictures!
That's it! I hope we get to go back someday and do the things we didn't get to do the first time.
-M
No comments:
Post a Comment