Monday, 20 August 2012
Update
Wow, its been a while since Ive updated you huh? Well work is tough but Im getting the hang of it. Dealing with children who are barely hanging on to the edge of their lives is a struggle but so worthwhile. It makes my whole life feel so much more important and necessary I suppose. The environment that I work in has been the hardest to cope with, there a few RNs are not inviting they are not welcoming and they have a "tough love" mentality. This does not foster confidence in people coming in who have never had any ICU experience. As a new person to this environment I would have preferred this. However, I have recently found out that this unit has had a huge turnover rate in the last years so thats why they have the mentality that they do. I feel a slight change to the unit. There are a few of us that will no longer tolerate this mentality and are rallying together to create a change. Whether or not it will happen who knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment