Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Update on my little life

Well for the 4th of July I went up to the Bay Area and visited my family. I thought it would be restful, but boy was I wrong. I got there and went right to bed, got woke up the next morning, worked out and then got my hair done which was a real nice treat Then we went to the Alameda County Fair to watch the fireworks display. (sorry no pictures... :( ) Then the next day the fourth of July we didn't do much which was good too...My dad and I set off some fireworks and then we drove around to check out what other people were putting off. Some scared us and some of them were cool. Anywho then after this we went the next day to Jack London Square for lunch and then I left to drive back to Bakersfield. Man I was tired but I couldnt go to sleep because I had to stay up because of my night shift schedule. So then I have worked the last two nights and I am finally off to enjoy some time to myself. I went and had workout with a personal trainer and then to follow that I had a wonderful massage. Tonight Im going to veg out in front of the TV and be with my boyfriend.

Anywho all this has a point. This last week or so has been so exhausting! I feel so overwhelmed with being a good nurse that I failed to recognize the importance of maintaining a little R & R. I am going to try harder from now on to keep everything in balance. I am thankful that I have what I have and just have to keep perservering. Man its hard though! I think that I have been really struggling mentally as well with all the pressures of starting a new career, living in a new area and wanting to be proficient. The last day has provided me with a good amount of relief, I recieved a nice voicemail and a handwritten letter and flowers from my oh so loving and supportive boyfriend. I know that God has me doing all of this for a reason and I will continue on ahead. Anything thats hard is the most fulfilling right?


Sorry if this is boring but I had to get it off my chest... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment