Several times in life one faces their "spiritual calling" I think for me and those like me (Nurses) it is hard to balance spiritual with other aspects of their life. I am not referring to religious because there is a difference. I am talking about the connection you feel with people when you see them at their worst, and at their best. It is the giving of one self to care for others. Now granted there are days and times where it is so hard to be there wholly but I certainly try. So many of my aspects of my job are hard to stomach, Child protective services cases for abused children, children with cancer, children who have chronic medical conditions requiring constant surgery. I see family dynamics change for the better and worse. Most parents are involved some arent, both aspects have there pros and cons. I think being a Nurse in general is especially hard, try caring for a patient population that cannot verbalize their pain, discomfort and distress.
On top of all of this I have to get all my charting done, manage my career goals- RN II status, committee meetings, involvment on policy reviews, and other political stuff that goes a long with jobs.
I just wish some days I could just go and not have to worry about any of the other miscellaneous crap, and just focus on my patients and get paid adequately. At this point I am getting proficient and able to function with limited involvement from other RNs, Charge RNs and it is a comforting feeling. However, one can never be to comfortable in this profession because at a moments notice things change!
Thats my little soapbox, hope it was helpful to the insight of my job. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment