Monday, 18 July 2011

Grad School

Yup I said it,

I am seriously considering Grad School...in Nursing there are several avenues or paths that one can choose. One of the many other perks of becoming a nurse. I know I have a fondness for Administration, so that has always been a thought. On the other hand I have a fondness for maintaining patient care interaction...I would possibly also like an Nurse Practitioner route.

I am slowly researching all of what is required to complete an application and pursue a Graduate Degree.

I think that it would be an awesome feat of dedication and motivation if I got one. Not to mention the fact that I am the first person to complete college in my family in the first place.

I have always had my eye on UCSF. However their coursework looks intense and requiring a lot of time.

I know it would take about 2 years to complete...Id be almost 30 years old...eek~! LOL. :)

Now, I have to start considering which school I want to attend. Go back to my Alma Mater- SJSU or pursue a new one?
$ is a huge deciding factor. I need to pay off what I have outstanding currently before adding to it more. Well we'll see. Maybe Ill change my mind. I know I want to talk with people at work and see what they have to suggest. Its a lot of learning...fortunately something I have always enjoyed is learning.

Keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah 30 is so so old....I am getting my doctorate at USF and I am not that far from 60...nurses are life long learners....

    ReplyDelete